March 4, 2012

Bruins lose the game, and a goalie


            I picked this article because I really couldn't find anything else remotely interesting, and I slacked on blogging over vacation and need to make up for it now. Poor Tuukka Rask left the ice favoring one leg, and left the Garden on crutches. he will not make the road trip with his fellow team. Bruins ended up losing to the Islanders, but I think the last goal was a steal. It should've been an icing call and play stoppage, but I'm not going to summarize the whole game for you, you can just read the article.
           Like I already said, this articles main purpose was to summarize the game. It obviously had a little bias in it towards the B's because it was from Boston.com. Its target audience was probably bruins fans that wanted to read more about the game. It uses some pathos evidence when talking about Tuukka's injury and many direct quotes from coach Julien and the players, which I liked. I think being a sport reported would be a cool job- and I think Shinzawa summarized the game in a straight-forward and concise way.
On a side note- hopefully we win against the Rangers today in New York!

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2012/03/04/bruins_goalie_tuukka_rask_injured_in_3_2_loss_to_islanders/?page=full

1 comment: