October 6, 2011

38 Who Saw Murder Didn't Call the Police Journal Entry

Would I have called the police if I witnessed the crime that the 38 people in New York saw from their cozy apartment windows?
YES.  I can honestly saw that I would. Three days after reading it, I am still frustrated that these people didn't. I would like to think that out of the 38 people that saw the woman was in trouble, at least one of them would've called for help or went down to check out the situation. Personally, I'm 5 foot 2 and not exactly intimidating and probably wouldn't be helpful against Winston Moseley the murder. I would however, call the police. The witnesses gave lame excuses; they were tired, they couldn't see what was going on, they thought it wasn't a big deal. Really? It would take 10 seconds to report suspicious action on the street and mere minutes for the police to come. So what if it was actually nothing to worry about- better be safe than sorry. And, I personally would feel horribly guilty if I witnessed someone in trouble, didn't call for help, and it resulted in their death. But that's just me- these 38 people obviously didn't feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment