November 4, 2011

Outside Reading (post #1)


         For my outside reading book I'm reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult. I chose this book because I have read and enjoyed other Picoult books in the past and loved the majority of them. Three different people have recommended this one to me so I thought I would try it out. So far, so good. I'm about half way through and the author has kept me hooked on the story and wondering and predicting the ending. She writes in every other chapter skipping time. "Now" and "Then". It keeps the reader actively comparing the characters past and present and guessing their future. I also find the aspects of the plot to be very relatable and find myself saying "that's something I would say". On the other end, I also find myself getting mad about the characters actions and choices, which just causes me to read on and find out the consequences they must serve. I definitely think the audience of this novel is toward young adults and Picoult does a good job of keeping the reader guessing and keeping the novel enjoyable to read.

More thought to come when I have finished the entire thing!

1 comment: