December 24, 2011

Bless Me, Ultima (CH 13-16)

           As I continue to read, I'm still enjoying the book. I originally thought these chapters would tie up a few loose ends, but apparently, Anaya is saving it all for the end. I think that is a good strategy most of the time, it forces readers to finish the book if they want to know what happens, which I do. 
          So upset Narciso died.Tenorio should have his other eye gouged out too. Anyway...
          For these chapters, my predictions stay pretty much the same. I think something is eventually happen to Ultima despite the family's protective efforts. I also think that Golden Carp will play some role in Antonio's life and the town's beliefs. I think Antonio will be forced to stand up for Ultima again at school or in town, as he has been so far. Now, I definitely feel that Andrew left with his brothers because he felt guilty about Narciso's death. I think that the brothers wont come back for a very long time because this past time that they left seemed very somber and significant. Maybe something will happen to one of them, who knows. "I wondered if I would ever really know my brothers, or would they remain but phantoms in my dreams." (Anaya 185).

No comments:

Post a Comment